Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

A NEW BEGINNING

The horrors of Windows 8 have destroyed my attempts to recreate Egbert's story here on the blog.  It has created a scrolling series of news stories to appear in the header bar - and they are news stories for the illiterate.  It is the rubbish journalism of the lowest kind - sensationalised stories that intelligent people would always laugh at and reject as serious news stories.  I cannot get rid of them and nor can Hewlett Packard, even after they took over remote control of my computer for two hours yesterday afternoon.
 
They did succeed in getting me access to my blog from my brand new computer, but the aforegoing was the price.  That, and the fact that when I published new stories on the blog today, I found that certain phrases had been hijacked, underlined and if you clicked on them they brought up unwanted junk advertising.  Naturally, I removed the stories immediately.  My only consolation is that they have announced that Windows 8 is to be replaced early next year and they are moving backwards towards Windows 7 - which, at least, worked!
 
Meanwhile, I have reverted to my old Windows 7 computer and, hopefully, the next series of posts will be readable without a load of junk jumping into them.
 
I apologise to all my readers, but there is nothing else I can do.  I will try to keep this old computer going until I can make the switch to Apple.  Then, at least, I will be able to publish stories without junk jumping into them and disrupting the flow.
 
So, I will start again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment